Friday, September 22, 2006

Tektro, the anti bling

Yesterday I picked up the cyclocross bits I ordered from Bikeman.com. I love their in store pick-up option from their website. Its nice to be able to order something ahead of time, wait a few days, walk in, grab my stuff and walk out. Nice, quick and easy. So now I've got new brakes, bar and tape to get the Van Dessel suited up right. I'll hopefully also be picking up some used bar top brake levers from a friend this weekend that'll round out the project. I'm pretty psyched to get the V.D. suited up and riding again especially since my road shifter went to hell the other day.




























Check out the sidewalls on my maxxis ignitors. Talk about wearing thin. They're getting so thin that I noticed a partial cut the other day. It wasn't quite deep enough to expose the tube but damn close. Of course I didn't want to spend the jing on a new tire so I busted out the J.B. Weld and glued the sucker back together. Its not the prettiest fix but it seems to be working well. Yesterday's ride on the super rocky trails at Reid proved that the fix will work for a short time at least. If it gets me through next weekend I'll be happy. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason said...

damn! look at that thing! I assume you commute with those tires often, they look like semi slicks! Nice patch. Beats shelling out the casheeesh

rick is! said...

not much commuting on this rig actually, too many road miles on a mountain bike really sucks.

It is nice to start with a fresh tire in the spring when its muddy and run it til fall when things dry out and the semi-slickness comes in handy.