Monday, August 14, 2006

tweeked nipples

This weekend finished out a fairly good week ride wise for me. Not a ton of time in but what I got was good and I was able to shake the illness that I felt creeping in. All in all pretty decent considering.

Saturday we were going up to Marcy’s mother’s place for her b’day party so I headed out early to get in a couple hours of nice hilly road riding in. It turned out to be a killer ride. I always like riding up to the in-laws because at 30-ish miles away it allows me to take different routes up each time to check out new roads and to try to find some new hills. Saturday’s route has one of the longest sustained climbs in the area and had me begging for mercy the whole way. The best part had to be when I thought I was at the top so had really honked on the last rise only to find I had another ¾ mile of climbing to go. Blast! I guess it did teach me how to recover on a climb after a hard effort. Maybe that’ll pay off at this weekend’s race at Sugarloaf. Who knows, but it couldn’t hurt.

After the ride I noticed my rear tire is about shot with threads showing in several location. I training tire down, one to go. I guess I’ll be throwing a race tire I have laying around on there now so that I don’t have to pony up and buy a new tire. Things are getting expensive enough without having to buy any new tires right now.

Today after work I have to drop the Dos’ front wheel off at the shop. I’m not sure but I think they have the wrong length spokes on one side since I can’t get the proper tension and dish without bottoming out the nipples. Hopefully they can get it fixed up soon since I’m racing this weekend and don’t want to have a pull a wheelie for 2 hrs straight. I can barely ride one for 10 seconds straight so I’m not sure that’ll work.

No comments: