Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nice work

Got word yesterday that the team fared really well at the 24 hrs of Great Glenn this weekend. We had a 4 person women’s expert team that totally cleaned house taking 1st for women and 22nd overall. Congrats Mary, Emmie, Olivia and Alyssa. Also, this years new addition, Ellen Noble, who is only 10 yrs old won the junior (0-18) female solo class. Yeah, you heard me right, a 10 year old did a 24 hr race. How kick ass is that?

Edit: I just checked out the Men's Pair results (the class my brother and I raced the last two years) and it looks like the winners had 26 laps. Last year Rus and I did 30 laps total to take second place (of 15) and the year before we did 27 laps for first (of 12). Huh, maybe we should go back again next year and put the hurt on.

4 comments:

Jason said...

30 laps?? Wow. Duo's are so hard. I did a 12 hour once. Figured if it already hurts this bad, I minds well keep going and do the Solo.

rick is! said...

yeah, I had the same thoughts. I think duo may be harder than solo because you pretty much max out on each lap and the breaks between laps were just as bad, if not worse, than when you were out there on the course. I'm thinking of doing it solo next year but I know I have no shot at winning that. Duo on the other hand, we have a very good shot at. It'll be a tough call when the time comes unless rus says hells no!

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up? By next year, I should have my knees and my fatness all taken care of and ready to rock.

rick is! said...

we'll see how that goes! :)