Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some observations.

Here are some observations from my ride in this morning.

Coffee from a water bottle is really bad.
The full (or at least close to full) moon was beautiful.
Bats seem to love the early morning hours because I have at least a half dozen flutter past me in the 45 minutes I was out.
For some odd reason, I worried that I was going to hit a deer.
My blinkie light died this morning so I should have been more worried about ME being hit by a car.
4 a.m. is early.
I’m lucky to have a wife who understands my need to get up at 4 a.m. to ride.
4 a.m. is early. What? I already said that one? Well, it still is.

6 comments:

rick is! said...

its usually coffee from a travel mug jammed into the seat tube cage but they were all missing today. plasticy coffee isn't so good.

Jason said...

Good thing the plastic didn't melt. Way to get it done though!

j

jeff said...

you the man for those 4am rides.

what's not to love about coffee in the water btl!? (maybe i'm just used to it).

Andy, R&D said...

good argument for the expresso shot for morning caffine. 2 oz. and Wham! Your off and running and have more room in the cage for water.

Jason said...

Don't forge Espresso Hammer Gel, that stuff rocks!

rick is! said...

all good suggestions but of course I don't have the extra jing for an espresso machine and while I do have the hammer espresso, it doesn't give me the psychological boost that coffee does. I'll just be sure to have a clean travel mug next time.