Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Feeling crappy

Yesterday, Marcy took pity on me and told me to ride my bike home from work and she’d pick up B-Girl from daycare. At first I resisted since Marcy is still sick but finally relented because I was starting to feel like that dog you see tied to a tree compulsively pacing back and forth, killing an arch shaped path of grass in the process.

The day was beautiful but despite that, the ride started off a bit ho-hum with the legs feeling like crap and the mind not much better. Within 10 minutes, I began to worry that maybe I was coming down with what Marcy and Brynna have been fighting for two weeks now. Shit, now is not the time to get sick. By the end of the ride I felt a bit better and was able to get in a few hard efforts to try to open the legs up.

As a final test to see if the body is ok, I got to bed early and got up at 4 this morning to try to get in 2.5 hrs before work. Unfortunately the morning ride was no better than yesterday’s so as I approached my office I pulled in instead of riding past to do the planned Southport loop. I figured it was better to take it easy than try to push it an make things worse. Plus, I need to make up some work time anyway.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’m just having a blah 24 hours and not actually getting sick. I’ll be hitting the hay early tonight. Hopefully that helps because if all goes well, we’ll be heading to Vermont tomorrow morning to spend a couple of days hiking and biking. Fingers crossed.

No comments: