Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Meat Up

Just saw this over at Bike29. It looks like they're going to have a weekend shindig for 29'er riders on Sept. 8-10 at the Kingdom Trails in Vermont. Man it would be sweet to get over there for that. I've been dreaming of riding those trails for years but every summer slips away from me before I get the chance to get over there. Hopefully when Brynna is old enough we'll start getting over there every summer. For now, I'll have to live vicariously through others. Thats what blogs are for right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I like to know how the Marwi Titans are doing? If they are bright enough through the trails/woods and like to know what you meant that they were a bit finicky on the bars. Thanks

rick is! said...

they are definitely bright enough for the trails. I used to ride almost exclusively with the marwi pro elite at 12w so I typically use the 15w on the titans to extend battery life. The only problem that I've had with the titan is that it has really long cords so when you mount it on the bar its sort of tough to route the switch. you end up wrapping it around the top tube a bunch which is sort of a pain in the ass. when on my helmet I've found its best to wrap most of the cord around the battery pack and then route the rest up under the jersey and out the top. That seems to control the mess and works quite well.

This a.m. I tried using my elite on my commute in and I can say that the titan is significantly brighter so probably worth the hassle.