Tuesday, June 06, 2006

testicle tuesday

I did the commute to work thang this morning. Rose at 4 f’in am and hit the road at 4 f’in 25. It was a decent ride but the legs just weren’t feeling it so I ended up taking it fairly easy ringing in at 2 hours on the nose and 33 miles. I was able to check out some potential new land acquisitions for a future new house though. I rode through a few very nice areas along the Sheepscot river that have some serious potential, sort of topping out at the max of our price range but what do I expect? Being an architect, I can’t simply snap up the first available lot. Noooooooo, I need to agonize over it for weeks, nay, months until the perfect thing is available. Hopefully the site I spied this morning turns out to be better than the last couple Marcy and I checked out. Exciting stuff, huh?

No ride planned tonight but I hope to get another road or mtb ride in tomorrow morning if the weather stays good.

I was reading all of the Mohican 100 reports by Jason, Jeff and Andy and despite the fact that it sounds like each and every one of them suffered like dogs, reading them made me really want to tackle a long marathon myself soon. Maybe next year I can work one into my schedule. Maybe the Wilderness 101 or something. I guess I’ve got plenty of time to chew on it.

Edit: I was just on IF's website reading anothe Mohican 100 post and got this funny as hell quote: "I really thought that the singletrack would take me all the way back, no dice,the course spit me out onto the road, down a flat, muddy fire road and then up to the dam. It was like a quarter mile run up the steepest stairs possible to the top of the thing...bastards. Why didn't they just hire some hillbillies to stuff us all into glad bags and beat us with axe handles? Then it was another road climb, a really easy to miss turn back into the resort, and one final kick in the jewels, a slog up through the muddy path to the campgrounds and up the steep, slimy grass hill to the finish."

Funny Stuff, wish I could remember whose race report it belonged to...

1 comment:

Jason said...

WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...
WILDERNESS 101...

The f*cking stairs were a kick in the junk. Good stuff.

Later.