Friday, May 12, 2006

Long black and wet.

Not that you perv! I’m talking about a rainy road ride this morning. I managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning at 3:30 and was able to get in 2+ hours before heading into work today. It was another stellar morning, starting out as a light mist and gradually turning into a steady light rain. It was wet but not horribly so. It was sort of interesting during the first really dark hour because of the effect that my helmet light had on the light rain. I sort of felt like I was in a Star Wars movie hitting light speed because of the way the light was hitting the rain drops which were flying at my face. I’m sure that anyone who has driven a car at night in a snowstorm knows what I’m talking about but because the rain was so close to my face, the effect was a bit different. Now that I think about it a little, it probably shouldn’t have been that interesting but I guess that at 4 am on a lonely road you start to go bonkers.

In other news, the Dos will officially be in the house this afternoon. I have to take the car in for service and the garage just so happens to be across the road from Bath Cycle so I’ll be able to pick that bad boy up while the car gets wrenched. That is of course if I can make it across route 1. That specific stretch has three very fast moving lanes to deal with, its sort of like that episode of Seinfeld when George had to get the Frogger machine across the street, without the sound effects of course.

In other, other news, somebody on MTBR has expressed interest in buying my Van Dessel so that got me thinking, if I sell the Van D. and Moto Rapido, that would probably give me enough jing to pick up the production version of the El Mariachi! I’m not sure if I’ll actually do it but its an interesting thought.













May the Schwartz be with you!

1 comment:

jeff said...

you may have only scored 5.5hrs of saddle-time, but i give you mad props for getting-up at 330a to get 'em. that's hard f'ing core.