Tuesday, May 16, 2006

taper?

I’ve got a pisser of a week going on here.  Once again, we’ve got rain in the forecast all week, which isn’t really a problem for me on road rides but my first race of the season is this coming Sunday and I’ve only had one short ride on the Dos with the new XO shifters etc. and I need a bit more time to get used to them.  On top of the rain, I’m all jacked up at work right now.  So much crap to do and so little time.  Oh yeah, did I mention that Brynna is sick as well???  I got a grand total of about 3-4 hours of sleep on Sunday night.  Yippee!  I guess this week will be a forced taper.  My body probably needs some recovery time from the whopping 5 ½ hours that I put in last week.  Sorry for the complaining, but I’ve got to vent somewhere.  I’ve known that I’d have weeks like this though so I’m just rolling with the punches.  On a good note, this is a new race to the state series but its on a course that I’ve done 15-20 local races on so I should have an advantage in knowing exactly what to expect from the course.  I’ve ridden it in everything from torrential downpours to brutal heat so I’m prepared for whatever it decides to throw at me.  Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to get over there this week to get a few laps in at the very least and see how I feel.  We’ll see how it goes.

1 comment:

rick is! said...

mmm, sunny weather. can't wait!