Thursday, February 16, 2006

the long ride home

Had a fantastic ride home yesterday. The temps were hovering around 40-45 all afternoon so Marcy shot me an e-mail to see if I could come home early so that we could go for a walk and test out our new Kelty pack for Brynna. Of course, with that thought in my head, there was no way that I was going to be able to stay until the end of the day. I ended up sneaking out at 3:30 to ride home and what a beautiful ride it was. My legs were feeling much better than they had during the morning commute, the sun was out, the air was crisp, it was great. As a result of the nice weather and my enthusiasm, I was able to trim off 5 minutes from my best time knocking it down from 47 mins to 42. That’s a pretty big chunk for such a short ride. This summer with my gearie and skinny tires I bet that I can get it down to around 35. We’ll see.


No comments: