Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Woo hoo

Woo hoo!  I got my first morning commute of the year this morning.  It was 35 deg. when I rolled out of the driveway at 5:30 this morning.  35 is a tough temp for me because I can never decide what I should wear.  Its sort of too warm for the full cycling tights but not quite warm enough for my leg warmers.  I opted for the tights this morning just to be safe but turned out it was the wrong call.  I think that the leg warmers would have been better.  I did bring the leg warmers so those will get the call this afternoon for the ride home.  The upper body was tough too but I decided to go with a craft base layer followed by my bikeman long sleeve jersey with a thin (and I do mean thin) shell.  The upper body started to heat up a bit too but I was able to get the appropriate venting necessary to remain comfortable.  Sad to say, but this will be my biggest mileage day for quite some time.  Including the ride home I’ll get in 25-26 miles.  I’m behind where I was this time last year but given the circumstances I’m still pretty happy with how things are going.

The Marwi Titan light worked great mounted on my head and I think that is where it will stay from now on.  Its just too finicky to mount on the bars and I do prefer the light on my head to see where I’m looking anyway.

Bungee count this morning: 0!  It was dark the whole ride so if it wasn’t directly in my path, I wasn’t going to see it.

No comments: