Monday, October 03, 2011

That Time Of Year

Well, it seems official. I had hoped that I'd be able to round up enough motivation for a training push leading up to the Treasure Valley Rally but the desire (and the weather) just isn't there so as of this morning I've decided to officially enter the trail building portion of my season. Looking back, I probably entered this phase weeks ago since I've averaged three mornings of trail work a week for the last five or six weeks but it wasn't yet official in my head. Now it is which is very cool because I receive great pleasure from doing trail work. especially when I'm making what I think is going to be a really fun trail (like right now).  I'll still do the TVR, I just won't expect much.  Alby will probably lead Will off trail anyway so I still stand a chance of doing well...

Speaking of trail work, I found this sweet rake this weekend at Lowe's.  It collapses down so that it will easily (ish) fit (kinda sorta) in my ergon pack, ready to be busted out for trail emergencies.  Throw in my folding saw and I'm golden for 90% of my trail work.




Some freshy fresh in the front yahd.

B testing out some of the fresh while waiting for the bus this morning.

1 comment:

Alby King said...

Yeah, that's me. Flicking between the folded and splayed rake photos. Don't have one of those. Yet.

Be sure to do a complete review with videos and stuff.