Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Major Miscalculation

Last night I had the opportunity to ride.  Marcy had the element and the mukluk doesn't fit on a bike rack (at least not a normal one) and I was too lazy to pull BOTH wheels off to shove it in the back of the passat so I opted to ride the El Mariachi instead.  Because I was really wanted to save myself 3 whole minutes putting the bike in the car.  We had gotten 1" (guessing) of rain the day before and a good freeze so I figured the trails would be fine for the 2.4's.  I was wrong.

The first 30 seconds of the ride had me in a blissful state.  Solid trails and temps just below freezing.  Ten seconds later I was pissed at myself for being a lazy bastard.  The trails deteriorated into soft, mealy snow just deep enough to make any uphill impossible to ride on the skinny tires.  The mukluk would have ripped it.  Three minutes of laziness led to me having to abort my ride early.  Mealy snow = not so much fun.
This boy is not taking any more chances.  If there is snow on the ground, there will be a mukluk between my legs...

3-2-11

X-train time:1:15
Ride time: 2:20
Ride distance: 20 miles

Total x-train time: 17:10
Total ride time: 25:00
Total distance: 204 miles
Weight: 189.4

No comments: