Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting Shit Together

Last night, after a day full of off and on rain, I just couldn't bring myself to get out for a ride.  The thought of either wet, gritty roads or slimy trails just didn't seem all that appealing for some reason.  So, instead, I decided to start prepping for the race this weekend to TRY to avoid any last minute forgetfulness (is that possible for me?  doubtful).  The bike was thoroughly cleaned and lubed, stans was added to both tires (I remembered, I remembered!), the toolbox was organized, spare wheels were prepped and nutrition was gathered. Shit, I even made a list of all of the additional items I needed to get together. This planning ahead thing is very foreign for me. So, even though I didn't get to ride I'm still feeling a bit better about this weekend.

No comments: