Monday, September 27, 2010



Come and Go

Another race season has come and gone. This weekend was supposed to be the VT50 but I had to bail for a couple of reasons. Number one, our steel stair stringers were finally going to be done so that meant that I could get a shite load of work done on the house over the weekend and two, my left leg was still hurting on Saturday (especially while sleeping) so the prospect of driving 4+ hours to sleep on the ground and race for 5-ish hours on Sunday a week after my ass had last been in the saddle didn't make me feel all rosey. So, in the end, I ate the $125 registration fee and stayed home to get some shit done. At this point, if I don't get the house completely done the 2011 season will be messed up too so why not eat shit for one race (that I wasn't likely to do well in anyway) this year to help pull next year together?

Assload of work to do so that's all for now. Pics of the stairs tomorrow if you're interested!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Good to see that you still have that blood fresh red, and what no bike specific socks. Come on I thought this blog was about bikes.

rick is! said...

I gave up on bike specific socks years ago. I wear holes in them WAY too fast. 2 or 3 rides and I have toe holes...

blog about bikes? but I haven't even been on my bike since bradbury!

Jason said...

Eating shit isn't so bad. You get used to it. I hear you on the season (which you a good one when your raced). I just gave up about July. BUT I'm more hopeful that '11 will be better. Now put the turd down and go work on your house.