Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tested

I've had my Dinotte lights for about 7-8 months now and I have been totally happy with how they function. My combo 800l on the bar and 400l on the helmet is pretty much perfect in most situations. In fact, in almost all situations, I run the bar light at 400l since it's still plenty of light and allows me a bit more breathing room so I don't have to worry about my lights going dead. So far, my only nit is that there seems to be a circuitry problem with my 800l that tells it that it's low on juice well before it actually is. This means that at full power the red warning light turns on somewhere between 45 min and 1 hour. I contacted Rob at Dinotte and he said that it was a known problem and that I could send it back and they'd fix it. I'll do that once spring is really here and I don't need the lights on a daily basis. I've still been nervous about the run times as a result of the circuitry problems though, but haven't had a chance to test the real run time until now. During yesterday's morning commute I specifically ran the 800l at full power for the entire ride. I clocked in 2:35 yesterday with the 800l still running strong. I decided to not recharge the light overnight so that I could use it again on this morning's commute, a 25 minute straight in jobbie. I'm happy to report that after 3:00 (ish) of full power, it's still running at full strength with no noticeable dimming. At an advertised run time of 2:30 I'd say that's pretty good.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: