Monday, February 08, 2010

Whatever Shall I Do?

Usually, this time of year is spent sweating over a new bike build but since I got my sweet ass, all blinga-ding Salsa Selma last year and barely raced on her, I don't have that arduous and totally fun process to look forward to. On top of that, I NEED essentially nothing for this coming race season. Sure I need a set of tires and some nutrition products but nothing else. ARGH! I had been lusting over a new wheel set for the race steed. With my twisted sense of logic, I figured that since I wasn't blowing a bunch of money on a new bike that I SHOULD, instead, get a new set of race wheels. Maybe something like this. When it came down to it though, I realized that dropping a grand on a wheel set might not be the wisest choice right now. Especially since my Hope PII/Stans Arch wheels have been bombproof and show no signs of going toes up any time soon.

Then, along comes a flurry of e-mails from our team manager with all of the deals from our team's sponsors for 2010. The major goodies so far are from Salsa but, like I said, I don't need a bike this year. Then, I get an e-mail about our team 2010 helmets. If you remember, I bought a new lid at the end of last season so that I'd have a day helmet and night helmet for the Bradbury 12 so that means that a new helmet also isn't in order even though they're changing the color scheme for aught-10. Damn me and my understanding wife who let me buy a helmet so that I could save two minutes mounting lights during the race!

What's a guy to do??? I've got imaginary money to spend and nothing to spend it on!

No comments: