Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Monday

and I'm actually blogging. That can only mean one of two things. One, I had an interesting weekend or two, I rode/ran this morning. I certainly didn't have an interesting weekend (unless you consider hitting three places for Thanksgiving and doing a ton of shingling on the house interesting. eh - no.) so that leaves ride/run. I haven't ridden in over a week again but I did haul my sorry ass out for a nice early a.m. run this morning followed by stretching/pilates/push-ups. Not much to write about of course but it did feel good to start the week off right after a week of sloth.

Tonight will include an exciting commute home so look for another post tomorrow with all of the delicious details.

Over the course of the last couple of years I've been working on getting my parents and youngest brother into riding and based on their toeing the line at this past summer's Bradbury 12, I'd say that I'm making some progress. It took some convincing to get them to race but I do believe that my brother, at least, has (somewhat) caught the bug. Not only has Darren committed to next year's 12 hr race but has also committed to some weird golf tournament/100 mile ride for next summer. I'm not sure in what bizarro world golf and riding goes together but I won't bitch no matter how weird the combo is because anything that gets more people active is a good thing in my book.

No comments: