Monday, September 14, 2009

Care package



Over the weekend, I received my "prize" for a most excellent suggestion in Big Rings empty Bag Balm tin contest. Despite my obviously best submission, Craig decided to give everyone who entered a little package. I can only assume that were all slightly different because mine didn't include a pair of used tighty whities and nipple guards. I feel so slighted. I did really appreciate the personalized "transvest-bike" photo though. Thanks Big Ring!

In case you were wondering what my suggestion was:

rick is! said...
why not a naked gear review with yer nuts securely nestled in the tin? Bag Balm-Bag Box
August 24, 2009 6:46 AM

Followed a day later by shameless groveling...

rick is! said...
come on now. bag balm-bag box is comedy gold!
August 25, 2009 9:04 AM

Anywho, it turned out to be a great weekend (despite having raw nipples and clean tighties) with a bunch of siding going on the house and two rides down at Bradbury State Park to prep for this weekends throwdown showdown in the 12 hour race. Along for the ride on both Friday and Sunday were Marcy, my brother Darren, my father and mother! The Nelson's are taking the racing world by storm. Speaking of storming, on Friday, my brother got to throw a leg over his new bike for the first time. I wasn't expecting much of a change in riding from my goofy, all kadywampus brother but, once on the carver, the boy had wings! I swear to god, he went for a total noob to a pretty frickin fast rider. Very weird. Hopefully, the new bike nirvana will last him through the race this weekend so that team "The Awesome Rick Nelson's Family" can bring home the gold. BTW, Marcy is embarrassed by the name of their team and feels like I should be as well. For some reason, it doesn't bother me and THAT does bother me a bit. Is it because I have a good sense of humor and know that my brother was just being an ass when he came up with the name or is it because I truly am awesome (in many ways) and don't mind if others yell it from the rooftop?

1 comment:

the original big ring said...

Awesome - glad you got it. If you're really slighted, I can see about sending your a pair of whitie tighties . . . . but be forewarned, they won't be washed.
cheers