Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uttered by Marcy


"I so felt like you today as I squeezed my meatballs..."

Sure, she was actually talking about squeezing her meatballs for lunch out of a ziplock bag (so that she could comfortably fit them in her brand new, for mother's day, Ergon BD1 pack) but I prefer to take the low road (who doesn't???) and conjure up some other images. Wait, I don't like those images. High road it shall be!
Today, I completed my first of what will probably prove to be thousands of commutes from our new place. Sure the new place is technically a camper right now but at least it's parked NEXT TO the new place. That's got to count for something. So anyway, as many of you know, I've been pretty giddy about the new commute because, as it stands, I can do the whole thing minus a few miles on trail and with a little work and a bit of time (multi land trust shenanigans) I'll be able to do it by just crossing two roads.
Today was the first test of the new route and it turned out awesome. I managed to take my 6-7 mile, 20 minute road commute and turn it into a 14 mile, 2 hour mountain biking extravaganza. During that entire two hour ride, I spent less than 15 minutes on the road. Now that's good stuff right there. The best part is that I did one of possibly dozens of route options available since there are a bunch of trails that I missed today because of lack of time. I think that I'll be able to do the ride in as quick as one hour (straightest route) or as long as three hours if I hit all of the options. Good times, good times.
Haven't seen a pic of myself for a while on the interweb so here you go.

4 comments:

Laps said...

I am jealous. Next fall my commute goes from walking down stairs and across the quad to 35 miles one way, and none of it is single track.

rick is! said...

yup, yet another reason to be jealous of me. I am VERY enviable. :)

Mike J said...

I'm jealous too. My commute is 45 miles one way and none of it is single track. All freeway. :(

Wheels said...

I have a .5 mile commute on a sidewalk. Sometimes I cut a corner and ride on grass. It's exciting.