Thursday, January 29, 2009

A dubious distinction

For the last two days I've been the first one into the office (6:15-6:30 a.m.) and the last one out roughly 11 hours later. Dark in, dark out. It doesn't get much better than this I tell ya. Of course I'm doing this so that I can take most of Friday off to work on the house so things will work out.

In actual bike news, Marcy and I have decided to participate in the Snowman Adventure. It's a two man (woman) team race where one person does a bike leg and the other does running leg and then the teammates sled to the finish. Sounds like a pretty fun time. Most people would expect me to do the bike leg since that is what I'm actually good at (theoretically at least) but since Marcy runs like the tin man three weeks overdue for an oil change I volunteered to eat the bullet. Suddenly all these early morning runs with Chance have some actual meaning.

not me in photo

Speaking of those stupid runs, yesterdays snow followed by rain left the roads in primo shape for some ass to pavement encounters. Today didn't disappoint. One second I'm running happily along, the next thing I know I'm thrown to the ground with such force that I nearly broke my wrist. There should be a law against running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know about the coffee! WTF is it?
It must have been a living thing or came out of a living thing.

rick is! said...

I now have the picture but need to connect the camera thingy to the computer thingy to get it posted.