Friday, December 19, 2008

Back in the Saddle

A corner has been turned, so to speak. Over the last couple of days we've moved into our winter digs, a care taking gig in Boothbay Harbor, which means a couple of things. 1. when I leave the office at the end of the day I actually leave the office as opposed to walking across the parking lot. 2. now that I do actually leave the office, bike commuting can begin again. Today was my first day commuting and it felt good. Sure is was only 10 degrees, it's all uphill in the morning, my lungs hurt, my legs hurt, my hands were cold and I was tired and hungry but it was still fun in a kick me in the junk sort of way.

The good news is that, with the holidays and binge eating approaching, I'm back into a somewhat healthy regimen so maybe I won't have to let my belt out a couple of notchescome New Years. Now, I just have to find the time to peruse blogs again. The other day, I had a few minutes to surf and I realize that it had been well over a week since I had checked ANY blogs. Sacrilege I tell you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love riding in the cold. Coldest I have ridden in was -7 celcius. Anyway enjoy the daily commute. How far is it? My daily commute is 25km each way with plenty of undulations.

BTW Have a Merry Xmas and a Safe New Year.

Groover said...

Good to hear you are back in the saddle and Happy Christmas. Try and keep the binge eating at bay though. :-)

rick is! said...

luke, I also love riding in the cold. My coldest ride to date (that I can think of was -23c (-10f). my commute right now is only 5miles but last year it was 13.

groover, binge eating is ok so far but with the office christmas party last night the binge drinking is totally out of control (i have a VERY cool office and boss)

Jason said...

I'm all about binge drinking. It's not just for college students anymore!