Tuesday, November 04, 2008



Why, hello...

It's been about 9 days since my taint touched leather, well, saddle leather at least. I miss riding but I must say, I've barely noticed the loss because I've been so busy. I had hoped to get a ride or two in this weekend but when a co-worker and my father-in-law offered to help me frame the first floor of the house on Saturday I obviously booted the ride and we busted out a serious amount of work instead. Similarly, on Saturday evening I found out that I had help framing walls at my parent's place on Sunday so Sunday's planned ride was also shelved. Lots of riding missed but lots of work got done. The way I figure it, the more rides I miss right now will even out when we finish the house that much earlier and I get to ride more next spring/summer. That's my hope at least!

The foundation is up, and the first floor framing is going in.




Tonight, I find myself doing some more planning for the house on the computer and enjoying a frosty bevvy courtesy of wifey. Thanks babe!



In not so good news, we got word last week that Mr. Pants, our resident ball licker/butt sniffer has cancer. Specifically a sarcoma on his head/neck. Given it's location, surgery and radiation probably wouldn't be successful but we are going in to talk to the vet again tomorrow to get the full scoop. For now the pooch is eating well (top round steak tonight), getting lots of attention and we're hoping for a few more good months. Good luck bud.

4 comments:

Groover said...

Sorry to hear about Mr. Pants having cancer. He is a beautiful dog and I hope you'll enjoy many more years with him. The house looks like it's coming along nicely. It's worth missing a few rides for that. They will still be there when the house is ready!

rick is! said...

thanks Groover, he's a good pup.

Jason said...

Sorry to hear about the ball licker. I had to do a double take to make sure you weren't talking of yourself (I have seen pis of you licking Nads.) Glad it's not you, but still sucks to hear. Good luck with the vet.

j

rick is! said...

thanks Jason, going to the oncologist tomorrow...