Monday, August 11, 2008

What not to do the day before your biggest race of the year



The generally accepted day before race activities are rest, hydrate, eat well and get a quick hard effort in to open the legs up. I did none of those things Saturday, the eve of my favorite race (and possibly next to last race of the season). Instead, I went to my grandfathers funeral (no getting around that of course), ate about 14 ham salad sandwiches at the following get together, dropped the spud with the grandparents and then went to my company picnic/lobster bake where I proceeded to eat 2 whole lobsters, some steamed clams, a bowl of fish chowder and somewhere between 2 and 6 beers. After the feed it was badminton and rolling down a hill in a huge culvert. Good times.

the artistic badminton shot
going deep!
In the culvert

at the crest of the hill

4 comments:

Jason said...

Yikes.

Sorry about your grandfather.

Nothing says pre-race fueling like shell fish.

Andy, R&D said...

rip it up!

Groover said...

So how did you go in your race?

rick is! said...

I'm working on the report. Hopefully it'll be up today.