Monday, August 25, 2008

Mathematically Speaking

The length of my leg hair is inversely proportionate to the amount of quality time I get with the spousal unit. I've noticed that ever since I stopped waxing, Marcy has stopped caring about my legs. Marcy readily admitted to me the other day that she much prefers when I wax/shave. I had given it up this summer because that was time that would be better spent riding. Or sleeping. I guess it's time to re-think the beauty regimen.

This afternoon is a planned mountain bike commute. I'm geeked for a couple of reasons. First, I haven't been on my Dos Niner since the Hampshire 100 almost a week and a half ago so hitting some dirt will be super duper. Second, I'm going to be checking out some new trails that are on my way. They may be sweet, they may suck donkey d. but at least they're new and I get to explore. As I was lubing the Dos up this morning, I noticed that it's Relish shock looks to be spewing oil. I noticed it develop a bit of a suck and squish noise during the Hampshire 100 so I guess it musta blown a seal (no, it's just tartar sauce) during the race so she'll be going in for service soon. I've got to say, 2 1/2 seasons and this is the first I've had to do to it short of adding air. That's pretty sweet. Super low maintenance.

No comments: