Tuesday, July 15, 2008


Time for Rest


This is a rest week for me, or more accurately active recovery so there won't be a whole lot of exciting things happening in the next couple of days (as if there ever are!). Marcy and I continue to work regular bike commuting into our lives and are on track to only use two cars once or twice this week. The logistics are kind of silly to get it to work but it DOES work (so far at least) so we'll keep it up for as long as we can. Meanwhile, the more Marcy commutes (and rides), the more she seems to be lusting for a new bike. While recounting her morning commute to me this am (when we swapped the spud) she slipped in a comment about her bike being "kinda old". I'm no John Holmes (or is it Sherlock Holmes, no matter) but me thinks she's angling for a new bike.


On another note, got a call from my father last night and it seems that while doing their ride the other day my brother got his first flat of the season. Of course, despite my telling them they needed to carry a spare tube and levers (they do already carry a pump for some reason. maybe to beat off all the cycling groupies in rural Maine), they had nothing to fix it with. Lesson number one. Lesson number two was when my dad went to Dick's to get a new tube and bought Schraeder valve tubes instead of Presta. They'll figure it out eventually, it wasn't that long ago that I was in the same boat. They really are getting bitten by the cycling bug though because both have expressed a bit of interest in doing one of the final races of the season. Pretty cool.

No comments: