Wednesday, July 30, 2008



My Life Needs an Enema

Yesterday sucked just about as much as a day can suck. First, the road commissioner stood me up at our property so that we could get our driveway permit. After getting to work late (because of the failed appt) I was immediately engulfed in the mountain of shit that comes with running a $13m project that has no hope what-so-ever of being done on time and then to top things off we find out that the septic system we need to replace to sell our house is triple what we expected! By the time I left the office I was a blubbering mess. I THOUGHT that what I needed was a good hard ride to clear my head since that usually works so I set out for my planned ride/sprint interval session. Half way into my intervals it was clear that I wasn't firing on all cylinders so instead of pushing on and potentially making things worse I packed it in and headed for home with my tail between my legs.

I was in a serious funk and wanted nothing more than to go home and have a couple of beers. Of course, I had none waiting for me which put me in an even bigger funk. Thankfully, a couple miles from home I passed a store that I know carries a few good beers so I quickly dove across route 1, avoided being turned into festering road kill, and landed myself this fine Dubbel.



I knew there was no way I was going to be able to cram a 6 pack in my jersey pockets so this bad boy would fit the bill. It was a bit heavy for my jersey pocket but it was well worth it! I enjoyed this fine ale while watching an episode of NOVA where they were talking about the future of cars and the demise of the internal combustion engine. By the time the show and beer were done, I felt muuuuuch better.

In other news, I'm seeing that Ergon's sponsorship of me is actually working even if it's on a rather small scale. In the last few weeks I've found out about quite a few of my peeps who have switched (or are switching) to Ergon grips since I started rolling with them. I've even helped sell a couple of the BD1 packs. I wish I could take all of the credit for their decisions but I'm sure there were many other reasons too but if I at least planted the seed than I'm happy.

Speaking of Ergon, they've come out with a sweet "suspension" seatpost that I hope to someday be able to try. According to Jeff, it's unlikely it will ever make it to the states but if it does, I'm so there!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason said...

Damn, hard day indeed. I have no problem what-so-ever with seeking comfort at the bottom of a find adult beverage. Cheers to better days ahead.

I dig that post too. If there's any reason why it won't be sold in the u.s. it's the weight limit and the American way of suing if something breaks. I'd like to see some vid or animation of how it flexes. Oh Jeff!....