Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Man Toy and Sprint Til You Puke


Wowzer, is shit happening around here. My head is spinning with what needs to be done. BUT, by commuting by bike yesterday I was still able to get in a 10 hour work day, go to a 2 hour board meeting, get in 2 hours of ride time (all commute) and clean the basement for a couple of hours for tomorrow's inspection. Busy day. If I could somehow figure out a way to carry a port-a-pottie and a hibachi on my bike I could probably lengthen my ride time to 2:30. Necessity is the mother of invention right?


As mentioned, after work yesterday, I had a board meeting to go to. When I first started going I would try to bring clothes with me to slip on so that I didn't come across as a lycra clad cyborg (this was winter and I would have my lights on my helmet!) but since then I have quit caring what I look like. If someone is uncomfortable with the way my package looks wrapped in lycra then they can find someone else for my coveted (not!) position. Anyway, after busting ass to get to the meeting on time I walked into the room glistening with sweat and breathing heavy and the first thing I hear is "hey there stud muffin". Apparently, it's only sexual harassment if a man says something like that to a woman. Did I mention that the rest of the board (at least the ones who show up for the meetings) are women?


Wait, I'm getting off topic here. After the meeting I proceeded to put in the prescribed 20 30 second sprint intervals with 30 second breaks between each. I guess it was a good workout because by the time I finished the last interval I thought I might puke right there on route 1. What a sight that would have been for all of the tourists in their minivans heading out to get some lobstah! Nothing like witnessing a bit of lung butter expulsion to get you in the mood for seafood.

Rating: 1 squirrel enjoying a Guiness. Who wouldn't deserve a Guiness after a day like that?

10 comments:

Groover said...

Cheers!

... and it is Sexual Harassment when a woman says it to a man. Men just usually don't see it that way. :-)

Jason said...

I have one pair of jeans that are slim fitting, compared to my other baggy ones. When I wear them to work, the chick behind me always asks me to stand up so she can look at my ass (which there's not much of). I have no problem with doing it of course. I figure I've been busted looking at her breasts countless times, it's the least I can do make up for it. Wifey doesn't read your blog. Right??

Wheels said...

Work a little harder next time and you'll get this rating:
1 squirrel washing down puke it ate on Rt. 1 with a Guiness.

rick is! said...

jason and groover, I have to admit that I kind of like it when I get comments like that. at least they weren't calling me a queer.

wheels, find me a picture of a squirrel doing that and maybe I'll give it a shot!

rick is! said...

oh yeah, and jason, I don't know if you're wifey checks this blog but marcy reads yours and all the others that I link too so no matter how many breasts I ogle, you won't see me commenting on it!

Jason said...

That's because you're only SLIGHTLY smarter than me.

Wait, you ogle?

rick is! said...

What I meant to say was "if I were to ogle breasts..."

Jason said...

you stand corrected.

Marcy said...

Wait! You said you weren't a breast man.

rick is! said...

no speaka the inglish! :)