Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Lookey here


Check out this bad boy that showed up in my e-mail box today via Sam's Club. For a measly $2,144 you get a "BB shell with cartridge, 27 speed, index, high precision, dual pull levers, accurate performance... hydro pneumatic adjustable front suspension, rear pneumatic shock suspension... hydraulic disc brake - very soft and powerful" I don't know about you but I don't know if I want my brakes to be "very soft and powerful" maybe my crimefighting (as Jason likes to say) but not my braking. And does anyone out there know what the frick "hydro pneumatic adjustable front suspension" means? If you do, please let me know and, while you're at it, teach me how to change my headlight fluid.

Hold on, there's more:

"Tires: Great traction on all types of roads wet and dry - great complement for efficient braking
Fork: Suntour Epicon
Rear Shock: Rock shock
Handlebar: XC aluminum
Stem: Aluminum 3D cold forged
Crankset: Alloy crank 44/32/22t w/ cartridge
Brakes: Shimano hydraulic disk
Tires: Continental Explore Pro 23 x 2.1 foldable
Wheel Set: Exclusive design 24 special stainless spokes
"

Thank goodness they spec'd tires, for a mountain bike, that work on wet and dry roads. For a second there I thought I'd need to change tires every time it rained and I wanted to putz my way down to the piggly wiggly. I'm not sure what the hell a Suntour Epicon fork is but I'd be happy to sell you a Roleks to go with your Rock Shock rear shock.

And finally: "The Ferrari CX-60 offers a balance among dynamism, flexibility and weight. It's the perfect ride for adrenaline pursuers."

I personally can't wait to throw a leg over one of these bad boys and test out it's dynamism, flexibility and weight.

_________________________________________________________________

Moving onto good bikes, while purusing the Salsa Cycles site yesterday looking at Marcy's next new bike, I took a look at the Sol Sessions slide show and came across two pics of Bikeman.com's own Big Al. Not only does he manage the team and website but he also walks on pieces of wood. Is there nothing he can't do?



That's Al in the bikeman kit back right.

1 comment:

Groover said...

Ferrari should stick with what they know ... ??? Same applies to the BMW bike and the Dior bike (or was it YSL or D&C?).