Monday, June 09, 2008

So Close!

Today Marcy decided to take B in to school leaving me with a chance for a bike commute. The road bike has a threadbare rear tire that I haven't had a chance to fix so I decided to ride the mountain bike and do some commute reconnaissance from the new property so that when (if) we build the new house I'll be able to commute as much as possible by trail. Step one is to connect our property to the Schmid Preserve. Last week I came within 1/2 mile of connecting the two so this morning I was going to look a bit deeper and see where I could get.




(click on image to actually see it!)


Above is a Google map of the area. The property is in the upper right corner and the Schmid Preserve is in the lower left. The little, itty, bitty white line is the portion that after today I still need to work out. Only 500' left! I'm pretty geeked to be so close to connecting them plus they're actually pretty nice trails and will be much better with maybe two hours of work.

Keep the wheels rolling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Commute by trail. I've been working on doing this at least a bit of the way to work. Good luck with the trail building.