Thursday, June 26, 2008

More matches please



Yesterday's itinerary:

Park in Damariscotta. Ride 30-ish miles to Camden. Do group road ride of 30-40 miles. Ride back (more direct route of 20 miles).

All went as planned except for the group ride part. Instead of 30-40 miles we went closer to 50. I also put in some seriously hard efforts pulling at the front of the group. At about 50 miles I popped but soldiered on. At 9:15 pm when I finally got back to the car I had long since burned my last match and had logged 5:18 and 95 miles, averaging 18 mph. I was so unbelievably cooked that the thought of doing another 5 miles to round out the 100 was about as appealing as eating 5 day old roadkill that has been baking in the summer sun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wheels said...

Krikie! How can you even type!

rick is! said...

ya sees. I type with my fingers, not my toes. My fingers feel great!