Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Quickie


Another quick one today. Big client meeting in a few hours. Worked late, came in early (6 am), gotta bust some stuff out kids.

Saturday, while planning my father's day ride I planned the route via map to get me to Marcy's father's place in 3-4 hours. I wanted to hit a bunch of hills so I chose any road that looked promising. One I was sure would represent was a road called "Mountain Road". Seemed like a no brainer. Until I got to the road at least. As I turned on, I saw the sign for "NO MOUNTAIN RD". I assumed the NO stood for North but it turns out it meant "NO" as in "NO FREAKIN MOUNTAIN TO RIDE HERE RD".

I guess that means the "Dale Earnhardt Ln" that I ride past on a regular basis isn't where Dale used to live?

Oh, and on my commute in today I rode on the 'road which can never be ridden' because last week they layed down a fresh coat of asphalt. It was sweet but don't tell Marcy!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marcy said...

River Road?! The new asphalt means the yahoos are going to go even faster around those corners...

Jason said...

Looks like M-Girl just found you out. She'll be rocking those corners in the E and stomp your ass.

Dale Earnhardt Lane? Same dude probably has the "He's Racing For God Now" bumpers sticker.

There is NO mountain on that road either, so just move along.