Wednesday, April 09, 2008

itchin for singletrack

Now that we've had a couple days of sun and 50 degree temps I find myself seriously jonesing for some singletrack. Unfortunately, I know that even though the open areas are finally clear of snow (and appear to be clear of most mud) that the woods will be a totally different, hub deep, story. I'm getting so antsy that I put out an APB to all my Bikeman peeps to see if anyone out there knows of a dry stash of S.T. to hit up. If I don't hear something soon I may be forced to mount the fatties back on the El and go exploring myself, better wear the hip waders.

In some very good news, I found out this past weekend that this year's Metric Mash (and here, here, here, and here) is going to be held in the Camden area which means that instead of 100k of double track it will be 100k of sweet, technical single track. It also means that the completion time just went from around 8 hrs to 10+. Bring it on I say! If you've never ridden in that area before and want to see what it's about or if you just want a severe beating, let me know and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: