Thursday, April 12, 2007

its on

Yowzer, time to take the bandages off of my eyes and see if the bleeding has stopped. Yup, seem to be ok. For a while last night I wasn't so sure. After I had peeled off from the group ride to make the trek back to the car (another 18 ish miles away) I was so cooked that I had blurry vision. When I got home and tried to read the nutrition label on a carton or NuTrish milk I had to squint and close one eye in order to read it. Yeah, it was a good ride.


Some stats:


Overall time: only 3:20 but to be honest, that was all I could muster. Wednesday's will get longer.

Distance: 58 miles

Max heart rate observed: 183

Heart rate range during the endless 2 man pacelines: 170's

Suffering: as high as it gets


It was a sweet ass ride and hopefully I'll be doing them weekly through the summer (except for rest weeks of course). Rides like that remind me of why I love group riding so much. When you ride solo all of the time it can be tough to push yourself hard enough to really see improvement in anaerobic abilities but a couple hours of a spirited group road ride will force you to push harder than you think is possible. On many occasions I was begging for mercy but refused to let myself let up. Suffer now or suck in the races I guess.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Is that your whip or Marcy's?

Sounds like a killer ride.

jm

p.s. the photo below made me "vurp". Egads!

rick is! said...

marcy uses it on me when I've been a bad boy.