Tuesday, March 20, 2007

new lid!



I got word the other day that my new brain bucket is in and ready to pick up anytime. Its damn good timing too because we are quickly approaching the days when I'll no longer be wearing a balaclava or fleece riding cap and when I do, my noggin won't be liking my current helmet. Apparently my melon has changed shape slightly since buying the helmet 4 years ago. At the time, it fit me like a glove but now it puts uncomfortable pressure on my forehead. Enough so that I sometimes develop a headache during a long ride and am left with a red impression on my forehead for a few hours afterwards. Fun stuff. The retention system for the lazer helmet should fix that. Essentially, instead of the helmet sitting on your head with adjustments only on the rear, the Lazer has a floating retention system that sits free from the helmet shell so your noggin never actually touches the shell. Pretty ingenious stuff because it means that the helmet can more easily conform to oddly shaped heads (like mine). Is it wrong that I'm so excited about a helmet?

2 comments:

Jason said...

dude the helmet rocks. of course you talk of your giant melon, so not sure how it'll work.

I need to stick some new pads in mine, but other than than it rocks. nice and light.

j

rick is! said...

I tried al's last year and it fit like a glove. I can't wait to get it.