Friday, February 16, 2007

Shhhhh!

Don't tell anyone but I have diaper cream on my ass this morning. They say necessity is the mother of invention and all I can say is that I have one mother of a saddle sore on my left cheek (so big its creating its own gravitational field) that needed attention stat. I quickly scanned my mental roladex for something to use to treat it and nothing came to mind so when I spied a tube of diaper cream on the bathroom counter I gave 'er a go. I figure if it can head B's red, chapped bottom it might do the same for me. Thankfully there wasn't a tube of Vagasil on the counter.

Also, I've been thinking a bit more about my upcoming wheel build and I'm seriously considering giving the Stan's Flow or Arch a go. According to what I'm reading online on MTBR they are a very good rim and they, of course, mount up tubeless really well and actually require a tire lever to mount the tire and for anyone who owns a 29'er can attest to, you never typically have to use a tire lever. This sounds like a good thing until you're in a rush trying to get the tire back on after a tube change and the tire keeps falling off the other side of the rim. Freaking frustrating. Not to mention a tight fit is really necessary for a good tubeless conversion. Who knows what I'll end up doing but with Jason stealing my original build of Hope P2 hubs and Bonty Mustang rims I figure I might as well give it a bit more thought.

3 comments:

Jason said...

OH! Stolen?? I'm wounded! Dude that build is solid! I thank you. Myself I'm staying away from the Stan's rims since I'll be using tubes most often and I don't trust my "not very smooth" riding style on them.

I contimplated the new Salsa rims coming out too, but wanted to part with the cash whilst I had it and didn't feel like waiting.

rick is! said...

just busting your chops man. What good are we if we can't pass the word on a good thing?

Mikesee on mtbr has been hot on the new stans rims recently and since he probably builds 20-30 wheelsets a week, thats good enough for me.

Jason said...

Yeah, dude knows his shit. I looked at a ton of his posts before I plunked down the dough.