Monday, February 12, 2007

Ice naps

When, oh, when will Nokian come out with a REAL 29’er studded tire? For the past few winters, I’ve been rolling exclusively on their Extreme 294 and those suckers hook up extremely well even on the sketchiest of ice. This year, being on a 29’er has been a bit frustrating. Friday I snuck out at lunch for a 2 hr mountain bike ride and spent a great deal of my time trying to avoid falling on my face and on more than a few occasions taking some serious ice naps (once while going 20+/- downhill, ouch)! When Nokian comes out with a full width (now they only have cyclocross size 29’er studded tires) studded tire, I’ll be all the freak over it.


I saw the other day about some dude who turned his igniters into some pretty sweet studded tires but if you've ever tried to stud a tire, you know why I don't want to do it. Its super time comsuming, no cheaper than buying a tire and you end up with tires that are super sketchy if you have to cover any pavement. No thanks, I'll wait for Nokian.

No comments: