Friday, January 12, 2007

Rolling with it

If there is one thing that I've discovered is that with a baby at home you definitely need to be willing to change your riding plans at the drop of a hat and roll with it. This past week has been both good and bad. Brynna hasn't been sleeping well (and therfore we haven't either) for a few days and yesterday it became clear why when she vomitted twice while at daycare. Being the excellent dad that I am (father of the year material if you ask me) I took her home and let her nap on me for close to three hours while I passed the time watching last seasons final episodes of 24 and channel surfing. By going home with B my planned lunchtime ride was aborted but I made up for it by doing some CycloCore abs work and some weight training followed by 1.5 hrs on the trainer down in the house of stank so overall it turned out to be a pretty good day training wise.

Anyway, I'm learning how to deal with these minor setbacks and build on them. As of right now, I'm actually still on track to meet the weekly goals that Mr. Friel has set for me and the body is feeling pretty good. Sort of that "I just did a hard workout but feeling fine" kind of thing. I love that feeling.

No comments: