Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ricky's Knee

Going along with my advice column over on DAMNelsons, I’ve decided to do some of the same over here at RacinRick.

Episode one: Nipple chaffage.

Apparently I have very sensitive little nips because whenever I race while wearing bib shorts my nips are practically on fire by the end of the race.  I love wearing bibs but unfortunately the straps fall directly over my man boobs and cause serious chaffage.  To combat this, you can cover them with little band aids or as Marcy suggested, some nursing pads.   Both good options but if you forget they are one when you finish the race and strip your jersey, you might have some serious explaining to do.  Sunday, at Bradbury, I tried a new tactic.  I put a little dab o’ Assos chamois cream on each little nub.  Not only did this work to keep my bits from chaffing, it also kept them nice and cool and minty fresh.  Try it next time you go out for a long hard ride.

1 comment:

Jason said...

this has happened to me during 24s.
i used vaseline. worked too.

it's also happened to me whilst doing the worm, shirtless on a carpeted floor.

j