Monday, June 12, 2006

The weekend

Had a bit of a pisser of a weekend. I had planned on going down to the South Shore of Boston on Saturday night, do a ride with teammate John Burns and then go to NEMBA Fest on Sunday where I was going to do some more riding at Wompy State Park and then to my bro's place for more, you guessed it, riding Sunday afternoon. With all of the rain though, NEMBA Fest was cancelled because the venue was underwater so I ended up baging the whole trip. I figured I might as well wait unit it dries out a bit and go down when the trails are in decent shape instead of slogging through the mud.

The rain ended up being a blessing in disguise though because I was able to spend a bunch of time with B-Girl and Marcy this weekend instead. Brynna is changing so quickly these days that if I miss a single day, I risk missing something really cool.

Since Marcy spends so much time watching Brynna while I'm off riding, I decided to return the favor on Saturday and I watched B-Girl all morning while Marcy went off and did her thing for a few hours. B-Girl and I got some one-on-one time and Marcy got some much needed time away so all was good.

Sunday was spent visiting the in-laws so I saddled up the road steed and put in a 2 hr, 35 mile ride and met Marcy there. While there, we enjoyed some brews and some wine and witnessed Brynna's mad desire to crawl into the lake. Marcy had all that she could do to keep the 9 month old from diving right into the water. I guess the swimming lessons are paying off because she certainly seemed comfortable in the water even though it was damn cold.

No comments: