Friday, June 30, 2006

Booooooorrrrrrringgggggg

Hmmm, not too much to write about these days. After my horrific result this past Sunday, I've decided to hang up my bikes and become a competitive eater. Ah, who am I kidding, it would be easier for me to give up breathing than it would be to give up riding. Riding has been at a premium recently though. For the past month Brynna has been going through a somewhat tough sleeping spell which has put the kaibosh (sp?) on my early morning rides which has meant that my ride hours and intensity have been way low which could partially explain this past weekends debacle. I expect her to snap out of it soon and I'll get back on track. Hopefully she does because I have two very tough races coming up. The first is at the Camden Snow Bowl and as I mentioned in an earlier post, we're adding a bunch of new climbing to the course so what was once a very tough race is going to be an uber tough race with close to 30 minutes of climbing at the beginning of each lap (4 total typically) and then some other small climbs thrown into the mix later on each lap. The second is an enduro at Bradbury State Park. As far as enduro's go it sort of short at 30+ miles but that still means at least 3 1/2 hours in the saddle so endurance will be key. So, as soon as sleep returns for Brynna I'll be hitting up the 3 hr 3am rides again. Can't wait! Yikes, I just realized I really can't wait until I can get up a 3 am again. What the f' is wrong with me???
A pic of the trail work on Tuesday. Loamy goodness.

No comments: