Monday, January 30, 2006

Rancho-de-Nelson

Pretty good weekend this time around. On Saturday, I went up to Rancho-de-Nelson with Brynna and the pooch in tow so that B-girl could see the grand parents and Chance and I could see some trail time. It was about 35deg when we left so I wasn’t too sure what the trails would be like. There was about 3-4” of snow cover so there was the potential that it would be an neverending slog through wet snow and muck. Thankfully, for the most part, the ground underneath was firm enough to allow forward progress. Some of the hills were a bit formidable but just about everything was rideable. Not fast, mind you, but rideable. After about 1:45 of trail time and one extremely jammed chain that I needed to use a big stick to remove we rolled back into base camp. Chance and my parents dog Pete were sorry campers by this point and spent the remainder of the day playing dead.



















Sunday was spent at the inlaws but upon returning I popped a disc of “24” season three that we had received from netflix into the dvd player and rode the trainer through two action packed episodes. Its great to be able to get in you couch potato and trainer time all at once and shows like 24 have enough action to keep you motivated and you tend to find yourself picking up the pace without knowing it during exciting scenes.

I didn't get a chance to pick up my dos niner parts this weekend but hope to get over there sometime this week to pick up what has come in. I need to start building the wheels soon since it usually takes me about 2 weeks per given my time constraints and lack of skill. I usually end up with a good wheel but it takes a bit-o-time.

No comments: