Friday, October 21, 2005

recovery

Well, its the time of year to ease up a bit and refresh for next season. As a result I'll be cutting back on my riding and writing. From now until things ramp up for next season I'll be down to one post a week. I'm sure that my legions of fans (or based on the hit counts about 5) will be ok in my absence. I do promise to put a bit more effort into my once-a-week posts now as well so what I'll lack in quantity, I'll more than make up for in quality (hopefully).

Had a very nice 1.5 hr ride yesterday with the pooch on the trails in Damariscotta. Some of the new trail that I've been working on a bit this summer is finally coming along and becoming very rideable and fun. Now that I've had a chance to ride it some myself I see a couple of changes that need to be made to make it flow better but overall its looking pretty good. I also scoped out an area for a new section of trail that should be pretty sweet. Its in a stand of mature pine trees with a little bit of undergrowth and lots of exposed ledge "spines" to route over for fun. I'm going to try to clear it out this fall so it'll be good to go for next year. Just hope that I don't get shot by a hunter in the process.

No comments: