Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Damn these legs are sore!

Holy cupcakes are my legs sore. My run in with cramps from the race this Sunday has left me more than a bit tender just above my knees. Apparently three weeks of nearly no riding followed by a fast race can lead to very sore legs. Who woulda thunk it??? I'm actually more sore than I was after the two man 24 hr race that I did earlier in the summer. Doesn't seem to make sense. I had toyed with the thought of trying to do a cyclocross race or two this fall but I'm not so sure that is such a good idea now unless I start riding more... Hopefully I'll get some nice fall rides in though. Fall is my favorite time of year to ride, at least before hunting season starts and the woods fill with rednecks looking to shoot at anything that moves (I should know, I used to be one of them!). A bell on the bike and some blaze orange should do the trick though. Not too sure what to do with the pooch though since he looks and runs a lot like a short deer.

2 comments:

Jason said...

NOT the time of year to be wearing Pearl Izumi's new Deer Hide shorts. Archery season starts here this Saturday. Gotta make sure I don't get "plugged" as one of my hunting co-workers put it.

Jason

rick is! said...

ah, but at least a bow hunter would usually wait to see the deer since they get only one shot usually. While guys with thundersticks can often get off 6 or so shots so seeing their prey isn't as much of an issue. Remember the movie Predator? That scene where they mow down the rain forest...