Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Life

If someone were to ask me, I'd have to say that my life is pretty darn sweet.  I have a great wife and daughter, a pretty cool job with plenty of job satisfaction, a cool house and an active lifestyle that keeps me healthy and fresh.  What I seem to have less and less of though is time.  Frickin A.  We're currently moved out of our house so that our concrete floors can be ground down and refinished (it's the one major dyi blunder I made on the house) and staying with my mother-in-law.  The mother-in-law thing aint all that bad though.  She has directv so we're catching up on all of the trash tv that we've missed in the last two years and she bought me beer yesterday.  Beer.  That's my kind of mother-in-law.  The only problem with the situation is (other than us being many multiple thousands of dollars poorer because of the work) is that my commute has gone from 10 minutes to 1 hour this week.  Riding be gone!

I still get to look at the mukluk every night when I go home to build the fire and check on the work though so all is good.  At least this little situ is only lasting for a week and I've got plenty of past rides in the spank bank that I can reminisce about when I get sad.  Say, for example, my ride with the bathers a couple of weeks ago.  It was the muk's first foray into real snow and we had a ripping good time.  6" of fresh on the ground, two snowbikes and two silly 26" bikes meant that KillBill and I were packing (trail) for the other two as we blazed around the outskirts of Bath.  Good fun.


6" of fluff meant even heavier wheels than usual.
two trips with snowbikes left sweet ribbons of single


That's all I've got for now. See ya suckers.

No comments: