Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hoooo Boy

Still gang busters so yet another mini blog today. The fam and some college friends went camping for the weekend in Acadia National Park and we had a hoot. We (I) did lots of drinking, a little beach time, some climbing on the rocks and a nice little group ride on the carriage roads. Good times.

The carriage roads are second to none when it comes to hauling kids in trailers.  They're relatively smooth, almost always shaded, have good scenery and you don't have to worry about the fruit of your loins being mowed down by an overly caffeinated soccer mom with rage issues.  Buuuuutttttt, when you're in a large-ish group with a bunch of trailers, a trail-a-bike and one slightly mechanically declined father (I'm lookin at you Tim!) it makes for a fairly leisurely ride.  How leisurely you ask?  Well, relaxed enough that these two ladies smoked me on a long uphill.  It took every ounce of my being to not chase them down and beat them with a frame pump.
ride away!
No complaints though, once we got things sorted out with the bikes and trailers we were able to enjoy the beautiful day.


at one point tim had to haul both the trail-a-bike and trailer
only to have Marcy take a hold of the reins

and the trailer

I have to admit, I was pretty proud of Marcy.  At one point, myself and a couple of others got a bit ahead of the group so we stopped to wait.  When nobody showed, I headed back to see what was going on and found Marcy wrenching (!) on one of the bikes and she had already diagnosed and fixed the problem.  I asked her if that meant that I was no longer responsible for keeping her bikes running (semi) smoothly but, sadly, that apparently is not the case.

No comments: