Friday, April 09, 2010

Like the First Day of School

You know how goofy parents get when their kids head off to school for the first day each year? Lining them up to take pictures, waving goodbye as the board the bus, a tear in the corner of their eye as the bus pulls away? Well, I get that same feeling each spring when Marcy does her first bike commute of the year. I'm like a proud papa, snapping pics, waving, saying good-bye, throwing kisses...


Pic one. She didn't know I was going to take this.

Caught her pretending to be a boy. Looks a bit small to me...


this was the exasperated "daaaaaaaaaadddddddd, stop taking my picture!" moment.

and off she goes.

Marcy finished the ride in roughly 48 minutes. 12 hilly miles with a loaded pack in 48 minutes. Not bad. At the end of the day I did the exact same route except in reverse and turned myself inside out to do it as fast as possible and only pulled off 41 minutes with no pack. Get this girl a racing bib.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marcy, I am so proud of you! It sounds like those spin classes all winter really paid off.