Monday, April 05, 2010

The Good News and the Bad News

The good news is that this morning at 2 am it was a balmy 51 degrees. Pretty darn nice for this time of year. The bad news is that I was awake at 2 am to see what the temp was. For some unknown reason I couldn't sleep at all last night (tonight? this morning?). I laid in bed for a while hoping for sleep but when that obviously wasn't going to happen I decided to pop a movie in downstairs and fall asleep to that. Watching a movie I've seen a bunch of times is usually just what the doctor ordered when I can't sleep because it distracts me enough to shut my brain off but since I've seen it I don't need to focus to keep up with what's going on. That's usually a recipe for success. Not so last night. Finally, at about 1 I decided it was pointless since I'd be getting up in a few hours anyway so I might as well ride my ass into work and hope I don't pass out at my desk today. The ride in was surprisingly nice. The road is really quiet at that time of the morning (duh!) so I was able to cruise the 7 miles without seeing one car. On the busiest road on the peninsula even. The only problem was when I got to the office and I looked at my clothes stash and saw that I had about 10 shirts, 6 pairs of socks, a few pairs of boxers and no frickin pants! Uh-0h. I briefly pictured myself hanging out in my bike shorts all day and scaring my co-workers but that didn't seem like such a good idea so I formulated another plan. I seemed to remember leaving a few unwanted clothes in the apartment (where I shower) when we moved out and thankfully found some tan gap "jeans". Not exactly my favorite pants (I actually don't ever even remember owning them, I hope they're actually mine) but it's better than hanging out in my boxers all day and the tan pants and light yellow polo I'm wearing really gives me a panama jack feel which might not be so bad for such a nice day.

The other good news is that since I'm in so early, I'll be able to make up some time from skipping out early Friday AND still get to leave a bit early for my afternoon mountain bike ride. My hope today is to scope out the last couple sections of my Schmid loop. I've avoided them so far this season because they are usually wet but I think it's time to see if they can be added into the mix thus allowing a two hour loop without any backtracking or doubling up on any trails.

Oh yeah, did you hear the big news? The Bike Snob has revealed himself. Yeah, I could give a rats ass too...

Ok, that's it. Time to try not to fall asleep for the next 12 hours.

No comments: