Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whoda Thunk It

Tuesday night I couldn't sleep and found myself awake for good at 1:15 am after only 2.5 hours of sleep. I tried in vain for several hours to get back to sleep but by 3:30 I threw in the towel and decided to do a blog post and hit the trail and go to work. I had plenty of time for a long trail ride but with so little sleep I didn't think I'd be really into the ride so I killed some time and then took a relatively quick route getting me to work in about 1.5 hours. Turns out I actually felt pretty good, surprisingly good actually, and I was bummed I didn't give myself more time.

Then the day came and I expected the worst but, somehow, I felt like a champ all day. Well, I figured, my ride home has to stink. Right? Wrong, my ride home was pretty sweet as well. I didn't have a ton of time but I was able to put the finishing touches on the loop for next weekends festivities. By the end of my ride, I had 2.5 hours of riding, exactly how much sleep I had gotten. Now if I could do that every day...

got to work early enough that I had to work in my kit until the apt. shower was available.



After my morning commute, I also got some good feedback on my lights from the last few miles of roadage to the office. It seems drivers were mighty impressed with the output my Dinotte lights crank out. In fact, here is an e-mail from one of Marcy's coworkers:


"Was that you or Rick riding a bike this morning where the Ponderosa Campground used to be? It was too dark for me to see a face but I had no problem seeing the rider…cool “headlights”!"

That right there is reason enough that, if you commute, you should pick yourself up a good set of lights. Nothing says "there's a rider ahead" than seared retinas...

No comments: