Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't You Hate It

Recently, because XM online now charges to listen even if you have an XM account, I've been forced to listen to Pandora while at work. I shouldn't say forced really because Pandora is pretty sweet but you can only listen 40 hours a month without paying and when you work over 40hrs/week it becomes a juggling act to get listening in without squandering your precious time. Anyway, I've been listening to my brother's "station" named Puscifer which has a bunch of melodic metal (I guess that's what you'd call it) that my bro programmed in. But how Pandora works is that you name some of your favorite groups and then they add in some stuff that they think you might like. Usually they do a pretty good job but the other day while I was working (not really listening to the music) it occured to me that something was amiss. I wasn't sure what was wrong at first but I knew something must be up because my testes were quietly packing up their bag to leave. Obviously, I didn't want it to be a ghost town down in Taintville so I frantically tried to find out what the problem was. Soon, I realized that the problem was coming from Pandora. I recognized the tune that was playing but couldn't quite place it but I KNEW that it was the root of my problem. So I pulled Pandora up and sure enough, right there, staring me in the face and invading my brain was none other than The Backstreet Boys! Arggggghhhhhhhh! I don't know what the wackjobs at Pandora were thinking because I had to immediately turn it off and I haven't been back in a few days for fear of what I might be subjected to.

This was the long way of telling you that on today's mountain bike commute a song slipped into my head. Not really an entire song, but a snippet, maybe a quarter of one verse. I didn't really notice the song at first because songs have a way of entering my subconscious without me initially realizing it but at some point I'll realize that I've had 5 words to a song running through my head for a while. Today, that lovely song that entered my brain was the same Backstreet Boys song. Don't ask me the name of the song or even the words because it was just the rhythm and sounds of one verse that were STUCK there. No matter what I tried to think of, I couldn't get that asshat song out of my head. Pandora, you can suck it!

5 comments:

Wheels said...

Have you tried Slacker Radio?

rick is! said...

not yet but I will. are you in for friday at 4?

Anonymous said...

I Want It That Way! lol

rick is! said...

hmmm, I assume that is a BSB song but thankfully I don't know for sure and I'm not gonna find out.

Jason said...

Dude you know it was "I wanna sex you up"! Oh, wait, I think that was someone else.